At the crux of OT/IT convergence is the idea that data silos are a hinderance to closed loop problem solving and continuous improvement in the factory. Breaking down those data silos can improve manufacturing performance in its totality, including OEE, quality and cost.
On the flip side of that, managing siloed data sources has kept factories on defense when responding to production performance problems. A delay in response in these reparable issues result in high labor costs, misallocation of resources, and slow throughput.
- Identify the right labor and asset bottlenecks that impede performance
- Make rapid, proactive changes to improve throughput and fulfillment
- Improve service levels with short lead times and greater product mix
- Howard Heppelmann, Vice President and General Manager, Smart Connected Operations
- Paul Tate, Co-Founding Executive Editor and Senior Content Director, Manufacturing Leadership Council