Join the Manufacturing Leadership Council in Hershey, Pennsylvania for an opportunity to tour two of The Hershey Company’s modern facilities and learn about how this company is applying digital, technology, and “Industry & Manufacturing 4.0.” You will get an up-close look at the world’s leading chocolate factory and see how data and technology are used to not just improve the efficiency of the operations, but also to advance The Hershey Company’s vision of “People-First Manufacturing.” You will additionally get to see the new Annville Fulfillment Center, The Hershey Company’s highly automated, digitally integrated solution for product fulfillment. The facilities are both excellent examples of how technology can help companies continue to improve and accelerate on their digital transformation journeys.
Attend this plant tour, the day of which will also include a panel discussion on Digital Use Cases in Manufacturing, and walk away with actionable insights, including:
- How an asset intelligence system can be deployed and leveraged for effective data capture and analysis
- How to set a digital foundation for smart(er) factories, including infrastructure, cybersecurity, factory automation, and other manufacturing management systems
- How to engage and empower employees by giving them the digital tools they need to visualize and manage the operations
- How to create a digitally integrated system from the ERP through to the shop floor
The Hershey Company Plant Tour
Theme: How Hershey is Leveraging Industry & Manufacturing 4.0 Digital and Technological Solutions to Modernize a 100+ Year Old Company
May 1-2, 2023, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Please note all times are in EST.
May 1, 2023
5:30 p.m. – Registration
5:45 p.m. – Depart for Dinner
6:00 p.m. – Networking Reception
6:30 p.m. – Networking Dinner
8:30 p.m. – Depart for Hotel
May 2, 2023*
7:30 a.m. – Breakfast and Registration
8:00 a.m. – MLC Opening Presentations
8:30 a.m. – Hershey Opening Presentation
9:30 a.m. – Groups 4-6 Depart for the Hershey Annville Fulfillment Center Tour
9:45 a.m. – Groups 1-3 Depart for the West Hershey Tour
12:15 p.m. – Networking Lunch
1:10 p.m. – Groups 1-3 Depart for the Hershey Annville Fulfillment Center Tour
1:20 p.m. – Groups 4-6 Depart for the West Hershey Tour
3:45 p.m. – Networking Break
4:00 p.m. – Panel Discussion
5:00 p.m. – Conclude Day
* Full agenda with locations within Hershey Plant Tour app for participants.
The Hershey Company
Manufacturing Leadership Council Board of Governors
Vice President – US & Canada Supply Chain, The Hershey Company
Tim Hinegardner, Vice President – Manufacturing, The Hershey Company
Chris Myers, Vice President – Engineering, The Hershey Company
Suggested International Airports
- Harrisburg International Airport (MDT / KMDT) – 30-minute drive
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL / KPHL) – 2-hour 15-minute drive
Suggested Travel Dates
Arrival: Late morning/early afternoon on Monday, May 1, 2023.
To ensure you arrive in time to attend the kickoff networking dinner that evening.
Suggested Departure: Morning of Wednesday, May 3 or after 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 2, 2023.
To ensure you do not need to leave the tour and sessions early or miss out on any post-event networking opportunities!
Group Hotel: The Hershey Lodge
Discounted room rate: $179
Reservation Cutoff: Monday, April 17
To make your reservations online, please click here and continue to book your room.
To make your reservations by phone, call 1 (855) 729-3108 and ask for the room block for the National Association of Manufacturers.
Bus transportation will be provided to all event functions from the group hotel. You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the airport.
Health and Safety
By attending this event, you agree to abide by and engage in certain mandatory health and safety conduct while attending the event.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the CDC (Center for Diseases Control).
- Stay at home if you feel sick and or if anyone in your household is sick.
On-site During the Event
- Adhere to guidance from local health authorities as implemented and shared by facility hosts.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
- Respect the personal space of others.
- If you experience any cold or flu-like symptoms, please DO NOT attend sessions. Please let the MLC team know.