Nexteer Automotive, a global leader in intuitive motion control, is a multi-billion-dollar global steering and driveline business delivering electric and hydraulic power steering systems, steering columns, driveline systems, as well as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and automated driving enabling technologies for automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The company serves more than 60 customers in every major region of the world including BMW, Ford, GM, Stellantis, Toyota and VW.
Join the Manufacturing Leadership Council for an inside look at one of Nexteer’s most innovative manufacturing plants and learn about the company’s industry-leading Digital Trace™ Manufacturing (DTM) System. DTM is an advanced, holistic, integrative approach to design and manufacturing systems that was created exclusively by Nexteer. DTM uses the latest technologies and data analytics within one common, global architecture. It’s a connect-the-dots approach, in which the thousands of data-producing dots are standardized and talk to one another.
During this virtual tour, you will take a trip through one of Nexteer’s manufacturing facilities in Saginaw, Michigan, which will provide an excellent representation of the complexities of a large-scale automotive component manufacturing plant. The tour will highlight how Nexteer uses data to manage their business, the tools that keep the data connected and efficient, and how the data has improved Nexteer’s manufacturing processes and complex products.
You will see how DTM allows Nexteer to deliver a dynamic, comprehensive view of its manufacturing operations in real time – which is a big payoff for Nexteer’s customers, employees and shareholders.
The virtual plant tour will be followed by a panel discussion and Q&A with Nexteer executives.
Join us to see for yourself how Nexteer has taken an innovative approach to integrating design and manufacturing systems and how this approach gives Nexteer a more intimate understanding of its global operations at any given minute.
Walk Away With Actionable Insights
- How data is used across a complicated set of machining and assembly operations to control quality, improve productivity and replicate improvements at other locations
- How incoming material is controlled and distributed to its destination in the plant by connecting its data to the specific operations
- How a Center of Analysis area is used to control quality and problem solve rejects
- How resources (engineers, quality, etc.) are alerted and use data to manage and improve the system designs
Nexteer Virtual Plant Tour
Nexteer’s Digital Trace™ Manufacturing: Integration of M4.0 Technologies
Wednesday, August 11 | 11:00am to 1:00pm ET
August 11, 2021
11:00 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. EDT – Manufacturing Leadership Council Welcome
11:05 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. EDT– Nexteer Welcome & Overview Presentation
11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. EDT– Nexteer Plant Tour
12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EDT – Panel Discussion
David Brousell, Manufacturing Leadership Council
- Andy Stewart, General Manager – Steering
- Rolf Kleinau, Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Stephen Pfundt, Quality Manager
- Jason Raedy, Manufacturing IT Manager
- Krzysztof Mekwinski, IT Manager/QAD
Hosted by Manufacturing Leadership Council Member:
Dennis Hoeg, Vice President and NA Division President, Nexteer Automotive